MARITIME HISTORY SOCIETY
The Maritime History Society (MHS), under the aegis of the Western Naval Command, came into being in 1978 to rekindle interest and spread awareness of our maritime traditions and heritage amongst the naval fraternity as also to the public at large. In this endeavor, MHS is guided by its inspiring vision – “The Maritime History Society seeks to evolve into a body of eminence in the field of Maritime History through nurturing of historical research among young mariners, showcase Indian Maritime Heritage and publication of emerging perspectives for a resurgent and vibrant Maritime India.”
Details of Assignment
The short internship program shall focus on assisting the Director MHS and Archives and Collection Associate in the following areas. Interns shall receive a certificate at the end of their duration:
- Acquire and maintain familiarity and knowledge of the Institute’s collections, exhibitions, and programs, both ongoing and upcoming.
- Cataloguing and Archiving of Library books, Periodicals, Artifacts, and Collections.
- Assist in data entry and analysis
- Assist in maintaining condition reports on all objects.
- Assist with activities that help promote MHS vision, enhance public participation, and encourage community awareness.
- Assist in creating a digital maritime experience in collaboration with the MHS team.
- Undertake other assignments as designated by the Director.
- Graduate in any field with preference in History/ Mass Media/ museology
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be able to visit MHS Premises (Fort) on all working days.
- Preferred video editing skills
- Photoshop skills
- Research skills